Panda Safe Web is a web browser extension for all major web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and others. This extension protects you from attack websites, malicious websites and phishing sites as you surf the Internet every day. Panda safe web can also be integrated with the most popular search engines to indicate whether the search engine results contain malicious links.
This extension is available on many add-ons websites for respective web browsers. For example, you can download and install Panda Safe Web from the Google online store for the Chrome web browser. But you can make things easy by downloading the installer from the Panda website that installs this extension for all the web browsers installed on your computer. Of course, it is necessary to restart the web browser and activate the extension when you are notified of the presence of a newly installed extension.
The most used version is 22.214.171.124, with over 98% people currently using this version. The program simply adds a toolbar to Microsoft Internet Explorer. The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds an exception to Windows Firewall to avoid being disturbed. The software installer includes 9 files which typically is about 6.7 MB (7.020.469 bytes). Compared to the total number of users, most computers run the Windows 10 and Windows 7 operating system (SP1). Although almost 56% of Panda Safe Web users come from the United States, it is also popular in Italy and Spain.
Files installed by Panda Safe Web:
• uninstall.exe – Panda Safe Web (used to uninstall Panda Safe Web)
• ffHelper.exe (by Visicom Media) – ffHelper Application (Help application for IE)
• ToolbarCleaner.exe (by Visicom Media) – Toolbar Cleaner
• pandasecurityDx.dll – Panda Safe Web Link Library
• pandasecuritytb.dll (by Visicom Media Inc)
• pandasecuritytb64.dll (by Visicom Media Inc)
• ieUtils.exe – ieUtils (ieUtils for Dynamic Toolbars)
How do I remove Panda Safe Web?
You can uninstall Panda Safe Web from your computer in three simple steps.
1. On the Start menu (on Windows 8, right-click in the lower-left corner of the screen), click Control Panel, and under Programs, do one of the following:
- Windows Vista / 7/8: Click Uninstall a program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
2. When you find the Panda Safe Web program, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista / 7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Delete or Edit tab.
3. Follow the instructions. A progress bar shows you when the uninstall will be complete.
And this is how you install and remove Panda safe Web. Panda safe web is undoubtedly a best add-ons to protect you from malicious websites and phishing sites. But sometimes people don’t have a need for it.